Financial information for people living in Korea

Saturday, May 16, 2020

Acuon Savings Bank 1.8% Interest Deposit Account (Acuon Mobile Free Deposit)

"Aquon Savings Bank 1.8% Interest Deposit Account"



Recently, there has been a change in the Cider bank Deposit Account (2%), the highest interest rate of deposit and withdrawal among the domestic bank accounts I've been using well.

From a few days ago, a notice was posted that from June 1, 2020, interest will be lowered from 2% to 1.7%. Sad news.

As soon as I saw this notice, I accessed 
Homepage of Acuon Savings Bank.
Because, I remember that they have 1.8% bankbook 
In this bank.
I'm starting to wonder if it's time to change to this one next month.


▶ Acuon Mobile Free Deposit

- Interest rate: 1.6% basic interest rate + 0.1% mobile banking subscription + 0.1% Acuon Membership Plus = 1.8%

I asked Acuon Savings Bank what membership plus was, and it didn't seem to mean much. There is no membership fee. There is no separate activity. It's just a membership. So I just signed up. It seems to allow personal information only to the bank.)


I used this bank account before I knew the 2% Cider bank Deposit Account, but I changed it to Cider bank Deposit Account after I got to know Cider bank Deposit Account.
However, now that the interest rate of the Cider bank Deposit Account is lowered, I am thinking about Acuon Savings Bank again.

At that time, "Acuon Plus Free Deposit" was 1.8%, but today I went to Homepage of Acuon Savings Bank.
This "Acuon Plus free deposit" is reduced to 1.6%.
But, now, the "Acuon Mobile Free Deposit" has been newly established with 1.8% interest rate.

Do savings banks in Korea often change interest rates and generate new products?
It was Acuon Plus Free Deposit that I found out a few months ago by searching through savings bank products across the country.
I don't know if I can find another good product if I look it up again today. (It's annoying just to think about it.)

By the way, since these days are low interest rates, it seems likely that 1.8% of Acuon mobile free deposits will be the highest-interest deposit account among all the bank accounts in Korea.

If anyone knows the bank account under better conditions, please let me know in the reply.



But the good news is...
The "Acuon Plus free deposit", which used to be 1.8% but now 1.6%, was 1.8% for 20 million won only, and the amount over 20 million won was not enough for me.

The new "Acuon Mobile Free Deposit" is 1.8% without such limitation.
I'm glad about this part.

=============================================
I remember when I used to use Acuon Plus Free Deposit.

These days, if you open a new bank account, you'll be left in your account if you don't drop by the bank window to prove one or another documents.

However, this Acuon Savings Bank can transfer large amounts of money if the account is your own account if you transfer to another bank, even if you don't have such a process. It's comfortable.

In my case, most of the transactions are transferred to my account, so I don't think there's much reason for me to submit documents to solve the deposit and withdrawal. If you send it to someone else's bank account, you can transfer it to another bank account I use.

In my case, I do it when I have time to go to the bank window and release the deposit and withdrawal limit, or I don't have to do it.
=============================================
The above is a few months ago version.

When I called you today, It's changed.
Now, when opening a new bank account, Acuon Savings Bank has a limit of 3 million won/day.
To solve this problem, you only need to submit documents or certify with a public certificate online.

So, I noticed a difference from a few months ago and let you know.


By the way, there is a disadvantage of Acuon Savings Bank.

▶ Disadvantage : Interest is paid every quarter.

The Cider bank Deposit Account is paid on the 1st of every month.
But, the 'Acuon Mobile Free Deposit' pays interest in every quarter. That's bad.

That's a 0.1% difference between 'Acuon Mobile Free Deposit' and 'Cider bank Deposit Account'.
Even if it's a small difference of percentage, there's no reason to throw that interest.

Among my bank accounts, my highest interest rate is 2.5% for Welcome Savings Bank (Welcome Digital Bank), and it's good for Office Workers. This account is limited to 10 million won, so I put only 10 million won in here.

I used to put more than that in the Cider bank Deposit Account(2%), but now I'm going to transfer to the Acuon Mobile Free Deposit 1.8% instead of the Cider bank Deposit Account soon.


First of all, I'll share the information on the bank account with the high interest rate that I know.
(My search for 'high interest rates, high interest rates, highest interest rates, highest interest rates' continues.)


Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment